Anyone Care To Try Building This?

Vragen over modelbouw, zoals over materialen, technieken etc? Stel ze hier. Tips en trucks delen met anderen? Ook hier!
Beork

Bericht door Beork » 14 nov 2012, 06:27

Thought about this ship while reading through the WIP of of another spaceship.
You have the basic design right? also have shots from above/below/front/rear?

because you could make up a sectioned body from panels and fill those up with foam (the pink/blue insulation type).
The over that put down a layer of epoxy putty or similar.
Sand to smoothness, add details and done.

Of course it sounds simpler than it is...
Bla

Go4Fun

Bericht door Go4Fun » 17 nov 2012, 17:15

I got a hint form a friend on another site: Revell of Germany's 1:300 Zeppelin NT kit. It's so near perfect I just want it.
The Problem? In the picture of the box he provided it had "Promotion" on it, I can't find it in any of my on-line catalogs and my local hobby shop (Who will order anything I request, bless them!) seems to take the phone off the hook first thing in the morning and hang it up going out the door at night!
Does anyone know of another source for this kit? Another way of contacting Revell of Germany? Been given this kit and hate, hate, HATE it?
Any help appriciated and thanks in advance.
When all else fails bring out the dice!

Site Admin

Bericht door Sticky » 17 nov 2012, 21:40

Go4Fun schreef:I got a hint form a friend on another site: Revell of Germany's 1:300 Zeppelin NT kit.
me schreef:Can't you use one of revell's zeppelin for that main body? They do two of those: the Hindenburg and the Zeppelin NT, which might be better for your project because it's smooth, instead of the ribbed surface that the Hindenburg has. It is HUGE though!
:roll:

Anyway, tried Evil Bay yet? There's two on there, at the moment. Fyi: that Revell kit is in 1/200, not 1/300. And that makes a heck of a difference!
Afbeelding

Go4Fun

Bericht door Go4Fun » 17 nov 2012, 22:49

Sticky it works out that fat fingers and untrimmed nails made the "1:200" into a "1:300". :oops:
And the NTs I've seen for sale are like $200 + shipping, well out of my price range for something to saw on and reshape. Besides which my Model Shop owner can not find it anyplace through his sources.
So it's a $23 Hindenburg and I will wonder if they deliver model vehicle filler by the pallet! :shock:
When all else fails bring out the dice!

Plaats reactie